What would you do if you weren’t afraid? Would you travel the world, start a business or move across the country? In this episode, I’m joined by Hannah Rheaume — a social media travel influencer, photographer and yoga teacher for a whole-hearted conversation about self-discovery, embracing fear and practicing vulnerability.
We dive into how travel has helped both Hannah and I to become the independent, confident and self-reliant women we are today — and how 2020 has changed the way we want to travel in the future. We also talk about the importance of going inward and connecting with yourself through yoga, meditation and journaling.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The way that travel has filled a certain void for both of us [6:44]
- How 2020 forced Hannah to get real about why she really travels [10:26]
- How you can discover yourself when travelling isn’t an option and what her current yoga practice looks like [16:44]
- Why clearing your mind is such a powerful tool for bringing out your creativity [22:48]
- What Hannah’s relationship with her own body looks like right now, after an almost 30-year journey [24:22]
- The reason why fear can actually be a good thing, and a big bold move that Hannah recently made while not letting fear stop her from doing it [40:59]
- How vulnerability has helped Hannah not only connect with herself, but with others [50:48]
- A recent experience she had with a “troll”, and the positive reframe she used to put it in perspective [53:58]
Where to Find Hannah
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown