How can I pursue my passion? How do I make my dreams a reality? If you feel a pull towards the unconventional path and don’t know where to start, this episode is for you.
In this episode, I’m joined by Rachel Bowler — a model, content creator, storyteller and self-love advocate. Rachel left the security of her 9-5 dental nurse job to pursue modelling full-time and become a content creator.
We both know how terrifying it can be to pursue the unconventional path — having to overcome not just our own limiting beliefs and self-doubt but also the worries and fears of our loved ones. In this episode we unpack the difference between being a dreamer and actually living out your dream. We talk about the importance of building a support network, having clarity around your goal, practicing affirmations, and so much more.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How the modelling industry negatively impacted Rachel’s relationship with her body, and how she began her journey into self-love and empowerment [5:15]
- What new perspectives she has gained from travelling the world and spending more time outdoors [13:01]
- How Rachel’s mindset helped her pursue what she wanted in life [19:01]
- Her recommendations for building self-belief, and a practical exercise she uses to reprogram her subconscious mind [24:47]
- What Rachel feels is the single biggest thing getting in the way of people achieving their dreams [29:48]
- Tips and strategies for anyone wanting to go down a different path in life [34:52]
- Why she believes keeping a side hustle is key when starting out in a new venture [35:45]
- How to keep things in perspective and make those small steps needed, each and every day [40:47]
Where to Find Rachel