Today’s guest is Vivienne Okafor — a content marketer, brand strategist, and coach. In this episode, she shares how she is helping individuals find clarity in their brand story, as well as the steps they can take to better communicate their message.
We discuss why it’s essential not to put too much pressure on your creativity and the importance of shifting your mindset so that you no longer question your ability to achieve your goals. You will learn how to make those hard decisions, why rejection is critical to growth, and how to better tell your personal story.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Vivienne got into the industry she is in today and what it means to be a content strategist [1:25]
- How she is balancing her major career pivot [6:21]
- Why we should not put pressure on our creativity [11:35]
- The biggest obstacles and hurdles Vivienne has had to overcome while creating her business [12:42]
- Why rejection can actually be a good thing [26:18]
- The biggest lesson in rejection [29:50]
- How to better tell your story by discovering your “why” [34:50]
- An imperfection Vivienne has learned to love [43:35]
- The importance of truly caring about the people in your life [49:55]
Where to Find Vivienne:
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller